Friday, February 24, 2012

Thank You for the Music

A few years ago after watching the movie "The Bucket List" I sat down with hubby and we both wrote our own Bucket Lists.  Nothing was off limits so his includes things like taking a jaunt through space and being the first person to walk on the moon (yes I know what you're thinking, what about Neil Armstrong but hubby is a bit of a conspiracy theorist so according to him the whole moon landing took place in a Hollywood studio but that is another story for another day) and mine included things like flying over the Grand Canyon.

So last year I turned the big 4-0, yes I know I don't look a day over 30, I've got so much energy and bubble that nobody would ever believe it (so my friends have told me and those that didn't tell me are no longer friends).  So earlier last year, my good friend Katy and I were chatting and The Bucket List came up and I suggested that she and her hubby write one.  She was very keen so she wanted to know what was on my list and I was battling to remember but after "seeing the 7wonders" I also mentioned that I'd like to "record my own CD".  So the sneaky little thing went out and found a recording studio and booked me an hour to record any songs I'd like in a professional way and gave this to me as my 40th birthday present.  What an awesome gift!!  I was so excited.  

The gift voucher was valid for 6 months so I had plenty of time to decide what I wanted to sing and practice, excitement excitement fun fun fun.  So I started singing in the shower again..... but then I started working harder and trying to finalize everything before I had Lettuce and THEN the baby shower and THEN I gave birth unexpectedly and there was a bit of drama surrounding that and THEN hubby had to have minor but emergency surgery while I was still on bed rest and THEN it was hubby's birthday and THEN it was Christmas and my brother and sister arrived from overseas with their families and it was shopping and eating and visiting and THEN New Year arrived and THEN the family holiday and THEN uniform shopping for Tomato who started big school and THEN it was first day at big school and THEN I started working again and THEN Katy called.........!  Oh-oh my voucher had one week left before expiry!!

Pure terror has now replaced excitement and I am often reminded of the saying "be careful what you ask for because you just might get it!."  So I frantically put out the word on Facebook - "I need song ideas" and my friends rushed forth with ideas (this question even raised 2 friends from the "Facebook dead" they were so keen to give their choices).  But how do you pick one song??  I quickly emailed to activate my gift voucher which was done, scaring me silly and I have decided on 3 songs which I just emailed off to the studio today to see if they have the backing music.  I can't believe how freaked I am about this and I have no idea why, it's not like I'm going on Idols (cos I don't look like an idol).

Anyway by this time next week I may have actually bitten the bullet and done it eeeeeekk!!  I keep thinking so what if it's really bad, does it matter but yes it darn well matters, how can I get a Bucket List opportunity and fluff it?  10 Deep breaths and hopefully the vein in my head will stop throbbing.  Wish me luck.............

 



No comments:

Post a Comment