Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nerd Alert!

I was informed on Monday night by my better half that I should not make any plans, which would involve him for tonight.  My curiosity was piqued!  Firstly he is not the CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer), I am and secondly such forward planning made me suspicious but I should have known. Evil has surrounded the apple since Eve was tempted and took her first bite in the Garden of Eden many moons ago.

So why will our evening be interrupted?  Well tonight Apple will be launching their new evil plan to siphon more money from our bank account. At exactly 8pm our time, they will be announcing their new (soon to be coveted) innovations in the US.  Geeks around the world have made their predictions and even placed a few wagers on what will be launched - is it the iPad 3 or a new Apple TV or new Mac?  What features will they have?  Will the new iPad have Siri and HD, will the screen size change to compete directly with other tablets? The questions abound and for me the mind boggles but all will be revealed at……. 8pm.  Thank goodness because not knowing has been keeping hubby and me awake at night (not the hungry baby bellowing at 2am).

So from approximately 7.30pm hubby will detach from the nightly rituals and hole-up in his office with every gadget known to man that can beam the Apple news directly to him as soon as humanly um machinely possible. So friends and family please don’t phone, text, mail or send a whatsapp because all forms of communication will be ignored until the news has been aired, the marketing brochures uploaded have been downloaded and scrutinized and the other geeks in the geek circle have been contacted to discuss the features.  After that, wish lists and birthday lists will be updated to include the new gadgets, online UK lotto tickets will be purchased to afford said gadgets, Facebook status’ and blogs will be updated and only then will my geek emerge to pass on the red hot information to me who will be lying on the couch with my nightly coffee and KitKat in a semi-paralyzed, I’ve-made-it-through-the-day-with-3-children fashion.  

That is when my only question that I have will be answered.  “Do I get your old iPad 2?”  Just a yes or no answer will suffice.

At least I get the remote to myself :-)

1 comment:

  1. You know me all to well, and yes my geek friend has ordered one already.

    ReplyDelete